Yingjiang Temple is a well-known temple located on the banks of the Yangtze River. Built in the Song Dynasty (960-1279), it was first called Wanfo Temple.In 1619 during the Ming Dyansty(1368-1644), the local landlord,Mr Ran Zihua invested to rebuild the temple and make it magnificent. It was a famous temple along the Yangtze River.During the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) the name was changed to Yingjiang Temple.
Covering an area of 22,000 square meters,Yingjiang Temple is composed of the Yiyuan Garden (a pool for freed captive fish) in the north, Tianshi Pavilion and Ciyun Pavilion (with Guangci Hall inside) in the west, Yingjiang Building (a teahouse serving vegetarian dishes) in the east and the garden of potted landscapes in the backyard. Connected by sinuous corridors, the separate buildings combine to form a complete and harmonious compound.
On the mountain gate nearby the Yangste River, there are three golden letters of the "Yingjiang Temple" embedded by Emperor Guangxu of the Qing Dyansty(1645-1911), which are sturdy and radiant. The four-claw dragon embossed on the door of the white marble jade. A large iron anchor is placed around the mountain gate, weighing about 3 tons, which is not available for the monasteries.
According to folklore, Anqing's terrain is like a ship, and the tower is a mast. If it is not anchored, Anqing City will go with Jiangdong, so it is set up. Stepping into the mountain gate is the Great Hall of Heaven, and Maitreya is sitting in the shrine. The four kings are on both sides and have different looks. Picking up the 28 upstairs, you can see the Daxiong Hall. Later, it was the Pilu Temple.
For hundreds of years, the temple has attracted numerous worshippers and the number of its monks exceeded 1,000 in its heyday. The temple houses some 500 Buddhist statues. Two tablets with golden inscriptions by Emperor Qianlong (1711-1799) and Empress Dowager Cixi (1835-1908) are hung on the gate.The Zhenfeng Pagoda is located in the temple. Standing 73 meters (240 feet) high with seven tiers, it offers visitors a superb view of the city.
Add: No. 148, East Yanjiang Road,Anqing City. 安庆市迎江区沿江东路148号
Entrance Fee: CNY 30