Tour Name: 6 Days Guizhou Authentic Minority Culture Tour
Tour Code: ZJJH-GZT-005
Tour Type: Private Tour
Summary: The trip will guide you to explore the sceneries & landscapes of southern Guizhou Experience the ethnic cultures of the Miao and Dong peoples, including their way of life and wooden houses Hike and view the gigantic rice terraces fields
Day 2: Guiyang-Kaili
After breakfast, we drive to Kaili, the capital city of the Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture of Southeast Guizhou. Today’s first stop is Shiqiao Miao Village, which is famous for its ancient craft of paper-making. The ancient traditional production methods can be traced back to the Tang dynasty (618–907). Learn how to make paper together with a local family.
After a lunch break, we continue on to Matang Gejia Village to visit the small ethnic group known as the Gejia people. The Gejia people of Matang adore the bow and arrow. As legend goes, the ancestors of the Gejia were heros who could shoot the sun with an arrow. We appreciate traditional Gejia batik in the village and learn more about this art before spending the night in Kaili.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: In Kaili
Day 3: Kaili-Rongjiang
In the morning, we explore the Miao people's history and culture with leisurely visits to Langde Miao Village and Datang Village. Langde is considered to be a living museum of the colorful culture of the Long Skirt Miao. Most wooden of its buildings were built between 1616-1911.
Datang Xinqiao Village, a home to Short Skirt Miao, also has centuries of history, and the Women in Datang are well known for their beautiful short skirts and hairstyles. Another highlight in this village is a fire- and rat-proof granary built over a pond.
After lunch we continue our tour to Rongjiang and stop over at Qiaotu Shui Village, where the villagers usually wear only black and blue. Men have long gowns and black turbans, and women wear collarless blue blouses, black trousers and aprons, all of which are embroidered. Later we drive to the hotel in Rongjiang.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: In Rongjiang
Day 4: Rongjiang-Congjiang-Zhaoxing
We explore Basha Village after breakfast, a hidden kingdom populated by the legendary people of the Basha Miao, sometimes called the Last Gunmen’s Tribe in China. All men wear their hair in a bun. When the boys turn 16 years of age, a coming-of-age ceremony will be held for them. The male adults of this Village all carry a hunting gun on their shoulders along with a gunpowder and bullet bag as well as a knife around their waist, giving them the appearance of ancient warriors.
Later in the afternoon, we continue to Zhaoxing, the biggest Dong village in China, with over 1000 Dong households. It has a history of nearly 2,000 years. The village is divided into five natural sections. Each section has its own clan, a drum-tower, a so-called Wind-Rain-Bridge and a stage. We spend the evening here.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: In Zhaoxing
Day 5: Zhaoxing-Guiyang
Before we drive back to Guiyang, we take a visit to Tang’an Village. This lovely village is situated on a mountain slope and encircled by rice fields, green trees and hills. It has been designated as a unique ecological museum of the Dong ethnic group.
From Tang’an, we walk through the rice fields for 2.5 to get back to Zhaoxing Village, then in the afternoon we head back to Guiyang. We spend the lovely evening in Guiyang.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: In Guiyang
Day 6: Guiyang-Departure
After breakfast, you are free leisure before we get dropped-off at Guiyang Airport where this tour comes to an end.
|Group Size||Using ★★★ Hotel||Using ★★★★Hotel||Using ★★★★★Hotel|
|1 Person||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P|
|2-5 Persons||799 USD/P.P||899 USD/P.P||999 USD/P.P|
|6-9 Persons||749 USD/P.P||849 USD/P.P||949 USD/P.P|
|≥10 persons||699 USD/P.P||799 USD/P.P||899 USD/P.P|
1. All rates are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years (usually enjoying 10%-40% discount. Contact our trip advisors for the actual discount for your case). 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and please pay attention to the local climate of Zhangjiajie.
5. Prices are based on current exchange rate and are subject to change without prior notice. For the most up to date prices, please contact with the sales.
6. As your traveling places are in mountainous area, please pack leisure clothing and shoes.
7. The weather in mountainous area is changeable. It is better to bring your umbrella.
8. All the hotels(except 5 star hotel) in Zhangjiajie do not offer complimentary toilet articles, such as shampoo, shower gel, soap, disposable teeth brush, slippers, ect for environmental protection.
9. Tour Standard: Economic: You will enjoy the most beautiful places in Zhangjiajie at low costs, we provide good hotels for you, and you will even have a chance to live in the family style hotels in the park. The routes is designed especially for hiking and can save you a lot of money.Standard: We will provide tourism van with professional driver, the hotels you will stay are all 4 star and have good locations to the different science spots; A map of Zhangjiajie for everyone and one bottle of water each day.Deluxe: The Buick Business Purpose Vehicle (or Mercedes-Benz car if our guests require )will serve you during your whole trip, 5 star hotel is your choice when you are traveling, most routes are designed to assure that you will have a leisure and unforgettable trip in Zhangjiajie; A map of Zhangjiajie and one bottle of water each day.