Tour Name: 7 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Tour
Tour Code: VAC-CTT-004
Tour Type: Private Tour
Summary: 7 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Tour is the Classic China Tour that will make you visit the top three tourism cities in China,Beijing,Xian and Shanghai,explore the Great Wall
Tour Cost: From $0
Day 02: Beijing
After breakfast, start to explore the historical face of Beijing with a brief visit to Tiananmen Square, now the largest city plaza in the world. Tiananmen Gate on the northern side of the square was the site where Chairman Mao announced the establishment of the People's Republic of China. Stepping into the Tiananmen, you will see one of the world’s five most important palaces – the Forbidden City, a huge palace complex of more than 9,000 rooms where 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties lived. Pass through various doorways in this magnificent structure to admire the beautiful and well preserved buildings decorated with yellow-glazed tile roofs, white marble bases and splendid colorful paintings.
Next activity is to hop on a rickshaw to experience Beijing Hutongs – small alleys made of neighboring quadrangle dwellings. Shuttle among different Hutongs to feel the old Beijing life style, meet various antique shops and small boutiques, feel the historical changes of Beijing.
After lunch, drive to the outskirts of Beijing to spend an enjoyable time in the Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved royal garden in China. Stroll around ancient pavilions, mansions, temples, bridges and corridors while feasting your eyes on the vast lotus in Kunming Lake and the colorful paintings in the Long Corridor.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: Beijing City
Day 03: Beijng
After breakfast, drive from your hotel to visit the imperial site – Temple of Heaven. It was originally used to pay homage to Heaven and pray for harvest, now becomes a bustling place for locals to take part in traditional activities, such as Tai Chi, dancing, kite flying, water calligraphy, etc.
The rest of today is to drive about 70km to witness one of the Seven Wonders of the World - the Great Wall. You will visit the Mutianyu Great Wall, a less crowded yet well-preserved segment of the Great Wall built in the Ming Dynasty. It will more than live up to all of your expectations! This great wall, linking Gubeikou in the east and Juyongguan in the west, was served as the vital military strategic point in the ancient time. Moreover, Mutianyu section is the “longest great wall in China” so far and since protection work is well done here, tourists can now see its original appearance and enjoy the real ancient culture of great wall. Also, spectacular natural scenery in Mutianyu Great Wall always impresses visitors here for its abundant vegetation. You’ll take a cable car to ascend the Great Wall, then hike the most beautiful and interesting part of Mutianyu and climb up its rising towers to enjoy scenic views of the wall as it wriggles along mountain ridges and you take brag-worthy photos. After the exciting time, descend by cable car. (Note: If energy permits, you can hike up or down which takes about 40 minutes to climb steps. Please tell your likes to your travel consultant.) After the Great Wall visit, drive back to Beijing city and take a short stop at the Beijing Olympic Village to see its famous Bird’s Nest and Water Cube from the outside.
Optional activity: After the whole day’s tour, treat yourself a great dinner to taste the famous Peking Roasted Duck at Quanjude.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: Beijing City
Day 04: Beijing-Xi'an (by flight)
This morning you will be transferred to the airport in time for your flight to Xi'an. Upon arrival, be met by your local tour guide, and start to explore Xi'an Ancient City.
1. Take a relaxing cycling on the Ancient City Wall;
2. Enjoy a wonderful Tang Palace Dance Show after a hearty dumpling dinner.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: in Xi'an City
Day 05: Xi'an-Zhangjiajie by flight
After breakfast, head to Da Cien Temple, a famous Buddhist sutra translation place in Tang Dynasty. Big Wild Goose Pagoda is the most famous building in the temple. With a height of 64.5 meters, the pagoda was built by the famous Buddhist master Xuanzang to reserve classic scriptures he bought from India in early Tang Dynasty. (Xuanzang, the prototype character of Tang Seng in the novel of Journey to the West). (Note: It charges extra 30 RMB to climb up the Big Wild Goose Pagoda)
Following is an educational visiting to Shaanxi History Museum. Ramble in the modern exhibition halls to appreciate relics, such as porcelains, paintings, currencies from Zhou to the Tang periods (1100BC to 907 AD). (Note: Shaanxi History Museum may be replaced with other activity or attraction because of crowding tourists during July ~ early September and China’s National Day during Oct.1-Oct.7. You may check details with your travel consultant.)
The rest of today is free for you until get escorted to catch flight to Shanghaii (about 2hrs), the largest city in China. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by local tour guide, and transfer to your hotel in downtown.
Meals: B/L Accommodation: Shanghai City
Day 06: Shanghai
Take a full day sightseeing to explore the past and present of Shanghai at once. First stop is Yu Garden, a shining star among all dotted ancient Chinese gardens in Jiangnan which fully embodies the traditional design of architecture. Jagged pavilion with elegant decoration, glittering pools with roving fish, sprouting pine trees, all these pleasant scenes refresh your mood. Adjacent to the garden is the Yuyuan Bazaar where you can savor tasteful local snacks and explore elaborate traditional Chinese handicrafts and art works. Next, drive several kilometers to see the modern face of Shanghai from the observation deck on the 88th floor of Jinmao Tower.
You will then transfer to another popular landmark of Shanghai – Nanjing Road which is shopping paradise as well as a great place to take a wonderful walk to experience the local modern atmosphere. Lastly, you will stop at the Bund. Originally the towpath for transporting, the Bund transformed into a feverish trading district. Stroll along the Bund, feel the perfect fusion of Chinese culture and Western culture, and seize the stunning Shanghai skyline with your own eyes.
Optional activities: 1). attend an entertaining and breathtaking Acrobatic Show, including balls of death, balance of chairs, hula hoops, juggling benches, walking in the air, etc. 2). take Huangpu River cruise to enjoy fantastic night view of Shanghai.
Next is a wonderful visit to Jade Buddha Temple. Owning the largest jade Buddha in the world and numerous religious artifacts, ancient statues and Buddhist scriptures, the very pure land in the crowded downtown is a quiet place for nice break in this busy city. In the afternoon, your guide will escort you to the airport for your flight to the next destination.
Meals: B/L Accommodation:
|City||Luxury Deluxe Hotel||Standard Hotel||Comfortable Hotel|
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing or same class||Sunworld Hotel Beijing or same class||King Parkview Hotel Beijing or same class|
|Xian||Sofitel On Renmin Square Xian or same class||Xian Jianguo Hotel or same class||Xian Skytel Hotel or same class|
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World or same class||Golden River View Hotel or same class||Holiday Inn Express Zhabei Shanghai or same class
|Group Size||Using ★★★ Hotel||Using ★★★★Hotel||Using ★★★★★Hotel|
|1 Person||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P|
|2-5 Persons||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P|
|6-9 Persons||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P|
|≥10 persons||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P||0 USD/P.P|
1. Bus service for your own use.
2. English-speaking guide service.
3. Entrance fees as mentioned.
4. The prices above are based two persons sharing one standard room with daily breakfast.
5. The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
6. Luggage Transfers: Between airports/railway stations/hotels.
7. Service Charge & Government Taxes.
8. Insurance: The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
9. Arrangements: The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
10. All credit card processing fees.
1. Tips for your tour guide and driver.
2. The prices above are based two persons sharing one standard room. If one person prefers to stay in one room, the single room supplement must be paid.
3. The price shall increase at the duration of super high season,such as 1May-3 May, 1 Oct-7 Oct and Chinese New Spring Festival.
4. In order to give our guests more choices, the meals are not included in the quotation.
5. Early check in or late check out.
6. Any other changes caused by the acts of God, natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of China Travel Club and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
1. All rates are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years (usually enjoying 10%-40% discount. Contact our trip advisors for the actual discount for your case). 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and please pay attention to the local climate of Zhangjiajie.
5. Prices are based on current exchange rate and are subject to change without prior notice. For the most up to date prices, please contact with the sales.
6. As your traveling places are in mountainous area, please pack leisure clothing and shoes.
7. The weather in mountainous area is changeable. It is better to bring your umbrella.
8. All the hotels(except 5 star hotel) in Zhangjiajie do not offer complimentary toilet articles, such as shampoo, shower gel, soap, disposable teeth brush, slippers, ect for environmental protection.
9. Tour Standard: Economic: You will enjoy the most beautiful places in Zhangjiajie at low costs, we provide good hotels for you, and you will even have a chance to live in the family style hotels in the park. The routes is designed especially for hiking and can save you a lot of money.Standard: We will provide tourism van with professional driver, the hotels you will stay are all 4 star and have good locations to the different science spots; A map of Zhangjiajie for everyone and one bottle of water each day.Deluxe: The Buick Business Purpose Vehicle (or Mercedes-Benz car if our guests require )will serve you during your whole trip, 5 star hotel is your choice when you are traveling, most routes are designed to assure that you will have a leisure and unforgettable trip in Zhangjiajie; A map of Zhangjiajie and one bottle of water each day.